PHILLIPSBURG- The largest town in Warren County, Phillipsburg is located in the southwestern tip of the county along the Delaware River. Although the origin of its name is uncertain-named after a Native American chief or an early landowner-the area was known as Phillipsburg as early as 1749 and was officially incorporated in 1861. Situated relatively close to New York and Philadelphia, Phillipsburg developed as a manufacturing hub. Companies such as J.R. Templin's Iron and Brass Foundry, Cooper Iron Works, and Reese & Company helped Phillipsburg to grow. The prosperity alive in the town during these times is evident on the faces of those pictured in Phillipsburg. In these rare photographs, our earlier neighbors are on the field playing for the company team, on leisurely drives, or hard at work building the old trolley line. Even when times were harder, such as during flooding of the Delaware River, history was recorded with images and is retold in this volume.